Christodoulos Georgiades performing Schubert, Beethoven
Hvis der er udsolgt online, kan du kontakte Samsø Pianofestival på 2196 0859 for køb af billetter i døren.
Christodoulos Georgiades has been involved with music since an early age. He composed as a child, but when he moved from Cyprus to study and live in Vienna at the age of fourteen, his aspirations as a composer were put on hold and he focussed all his energy into mastering the piano and its vast repertoire.
In 1969 he was invited to New York by the Greek composer Manos Hadjidakis. This revelatory and invigorating experience broadened his musical horizons and led to a turning point that shaped his future career.
In 1989, after a gap of 30 years, he started composing again and to date has written over 75 works, for different forces.
As a believer in the power of melody and “sophisticated tonality”, he describes tonal language like working with wool, cotton and silk, whereas to him atonality feels like constructing musical forms from nylon or plastic. He writes that the main difference being that tonality obeys natural laws, whereas atonality adheres to man-made rules.
As a solo pianist he has toured America, Europe, the Middle and Far East, and Mexico, and his output includes 5 recordings and over 80 compositions that range from children’s pieces to opera. A recent concert of his works to mark his 70th birthday in London received enthusiastic reviews.
Sådan køber du billetter til Samsø Pianofestival 2019
- Tilføj det antal billetter til kurven, du ønsker at købe
- Når du er færdig med at handle, trykker du “Vis kurv” og derefter “Gå til kassen”
- Udfyld dine kontaktoplysninger
- Godkend vilkår
- Klik “Afgiv ordre”
- Gennemfør betaling med betalingskort
Sådan modtager du billetter til Samsø Pianofestival 2019
- Når du har afgivet din ordre, vil du kort tid efter modtage en mail med ordrebekræftelse.
- Denne mail indeholder også dine billetter – se under “Billetter”
- Download hver billet som PDF.
- Du skal printe billetterne og tage dem med til arrangementet.